Organization: The Center for Energy and Environment (CEE)
Location: Minneapolis, MN
The Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) is a nonprofit organization that promotes energy efficiency to strengthen the economy while improving the environment. The Center for Energy and Environment is seeking a lighting consultant to be a core member of its One-Stop Efficiency Shop® lighting team. The lighting team delivers lighting audits and provides rebates to small and medium-sized businesses that retrofit their existing lighting. The consultant will evaluate existing lighting systems and make recommendations for more efficient lighting. The consultant will also present recommendations to owners, secure their participation in the program and serve as a liaison between the owner and contractor during installation.This is a full time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance as well as a profit sharing retirement plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluating existing lighting systems and generating recommendations for more energy efficient lighting that meets the business owners’ needs
- Entering audit data into custom analysis and reporting software
- Presenting recommendations, associated project costs, rebates and savings to customer
- Identifying leads with the best technical opportunity and level of interest and setting up a systematic follow-up process to secure their participation in One-Stop
- Organizing and planning own audit schedule
- Serving as a resource for customers and vendors during installation
- Generating enough participation to meet annual program savings goals
- Continually seeking opportunities to educate customers and vendors on the benefits of energy efficient lighting and how they can best utilize the One-Stop Efficiency Shop
- At least five years of experience evaluating commercial lighting systems and making recommendations for more efficient lighting that will meet the needs of the space
- Excellent customer relations, communication and sales skills
- Ability to present recommendations to business owners and motivate them to implement lighting improvements in their buildings
- Ability to conduct accurate and thorough lighting audits and fully document findings
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and knowledge
- Ability to work independently with good organizational and time management skills
- Interest in energy efficient technologies for commercial lighting systems
- A valid driver’s license and up-to-date insurance
- Ability to access all parts of existing lighting systems to generate an accurate audit of existing conditions that may result in a recommendation for upgrades
- Ability to demonstrate the manual dexterity to operate a personal computer or tablet effectively
- Excellent communications (both verbal and written).
- Ability to operate general office equipment, e.g., PC, printer, fax, telephone, etc.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Ability to work overtime as needed or required to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines and program goals
- Ability to perform work indoors in an office environment as necessary, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office
- Ability to perform work outdoors when conditions are acceptable to perform audits on lighting equipment.
- Full-time position with benefits. Salary depending on qualifications and experience.
Email or mail cover letter and resume by May 1, 2017
Center for Energy and Environment
Attn: Lighting Consultant Position
212 3rd Avenue North, Suite 560
Minneapolis, MN 55401